Glossary of Candle Terms
We carry a full line of candle accessories at Southern Lights!
- the therapeutic value of fragrance that goes right to the central nervous system
- a non-petroleum based vegetable wax used in early New England during the holiday season
- votive containers that fit into standard taper holders allowing one to use votives – great for sconces, candelabra, etc.
- glass, metal or plastic drip-catchers used at the base of tapers
- a nine-branch candelabrum used during Jewish holy days
Removers for Wax
- best methods for removing wax from carpet, cloth, containers, etc.
- for proper extinguishing of candles
- used in Wedding ceremonies. Traditionally, two tapers unite to light one central pillar candle signifying the two becoming one
- votive cups that allows votive candles to burn properly
- special scissors to trim and catch the wick